What you can do while you are here
Some of our guests simply want to do nothing but relax and catch up with themselves here.
This is a perfect place to just ‘be’.
Others are looking for a mixture of activity and rest and want to explore the region. The Unique Retreat is ideally situated to use as a base. (See Practical Information for journey times to the nearest cities of cultural interest).
You may want to go on a personal retreat.
You can create your own programme or we can make suggestions tailored to your particular needs/requirements.
You can organize an artists’ or creative writing retreat or specific workshops.
We also offer:
- Culinary classes
The best of Spanish gastronomy and Andaluz cuisine Cookery for optimum health
- Wine tasting, wine production and visits to local vineyards
- Yoga: Either informally with us or with experienced, highly qualified teachers
- Spanish language classes at an excellent local language school or weekend language immersion workshops on the farm with highly qualified and experienced native teachers.
- Flamenco classes
- Walks in the stunning ‘Montes de Malaga’ National Park which the farm is part of
- Hiking in ‘El Torcal’, a spectacular prehistoric limestone park full of extraordinary rock formations
- Visits to El Chorro gorge for swimming, kayaking, climbing or just taking in the amazing views
- Mountain biking
Malaga – 40 minutes
Granada – 1.5 hours
Seville – 2 hours
Ronda – 1.5 hours
We are only 40 minutes from the beaches of the Mediterranean and the Costa de Sol and two hours from the more wild, white sandy Atlantic beaches of Tarifa and the spectacular Costa de Luz.
There is a large upstairs room ideal for small to medium-sized workshops. This beautiful space is particularly suited to activities like yoga, meditation, creative writing and music workshops. There are also numerous different outdoor areas which can be used.
Links to local tourism and cultural services
Visit the local Honey Museum – interactive and fascinating