We believe what is most important is not what we say about ourselves or The Unique Retreat, but what our guests say so here are some of their comments.
All testimonials can be verified at www.airnbnb.com/rooms/248475 in the review section.
- Wonderful experience! I can honestly say it was one of the most heart-warming, welcoming and picturesque experiences I’ve ever had. The kindness and warmth emanating from Marina and Nacho and the deliciousness of their food coupled with the stunning views, cosy and homelike farmhouse made this place a truly magical and unique experience. Staying at the farm you will sleep soundly, eat delicious food and spend time amongst souls that will warm the cockles of your heart. This is truly one of those places that you keep pinching yourself because you didn’t think this type of authentic, warm, welcoming, nurturing, uplifting and wholesome experience existed anymore and the beauty of it is that it really is tailor made to suit your personal needs. Marina and Nacho both beautiful souls, treat you with great humanity and do their utmost to ensure you have the experience you wish whether it’s about sun, swimming, food, hiking, tourism, health, yoga, business, writing or painting everything can be accommodated. It really is one of this planet’s best kept secrets and makes you wish that everywhere you went was like this. I was travelling solo and have a very specific diet both were catered for with an airport pickup and tailor made meals and I even received a Thai massage treatment from Marina who is very experienced. I really cannot recommend this place enough or Marina and Nacho just meeting them is a gift in itself.
Masha Young, England
- Staying with Marina & Nacho was heart-warming right from the beginning and full of trust and joy. From the first time we made contact we felt a welcome, personal, open and honest connection. The house was beautifully kept and felt like home. We were perfectly able to relax (100%), with Marina, Nacho, the cats, the healthy food, the wonderful smoothies, nice coffee every morning, lots of fruit, the other guests and also by ourselves. We really met some nice people. Our daughter (13 years) was with us and felt comfortable with Marina and Nacho right from the start. It was for her (and us) an authentic, unique and very personal experience. A cosmopolitan experience “Never to forget” The healthy smoothies, meals Nacho and Marina prepared were fresh, personal, diverse and made with lots of joy, love and attention. We also appreciated all the extra information for visiting Sierra Nevada, Granada, Cordoba, Feria de Malaga 😉 Sevilla and other beautiful places. More than enough for a beautiful stay of two lovely weeks in this part of Spain. We found Marina and Nacho’s open accommodating pure and refreshing. They showed really great flexibility when it came to our wishes and needs.
Kees and Joke Lunsing, Holland
- A truly magical experience. Marina and Nacho’s philosophy is to look after their guests at all times for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. The food is comparable to a top-quality restaurant – delicious but also healthy and containing vegetables grown on their farm. The yurt itself is very comfortable and cools at night enough for a great night’s sleep. We both had Thai Yoga massages from Marina which were absolutely wonderful. Finally the pool is lovely! We couldn’t recommend this place more…. and we will definitely be returning with friends in the future.
Tom and Rosie, England
- An amazing experience, everyone was so friendly and chilled and Nacho made the food, which was delicious, and given that I’m veggie and my boyfriend is gluten intolerant they went the extra mile to make sure we could take part in the awesome food. We relaxed by the pool, hung out with the guests and sampled Marina’s delicious cocktails. It was so nice to meet such lovely people and I can’t recommend this place enough. Pure relaxation and joy. You don’t need a car as they can pick you up from the airport and take you back. There are beautiful mountains around to hike or cycle and the stars at night and sunset are just beautiful.
Ana Bradley, England
- Marina and Nacho have a truly beautiful, unique home and are the perfect hosts. I spent 5 wonderful nights of relaxation in the farmhouse, feeling so welcomed and extremely well looked after. I eat a raw, vegan diet, so fully expected to live on fruit and salad during my stay but far from it; Nacho is an excellent chef and I had a different (very reasonably priced) raw meal specially prepared for me every night – everything from raw sushi to the best guacamole I’ve ever had – thanks Nacho! Sitting down to eat an evening meal with the other guests and the hosts was a lovely part of the day, as well as a great opportunity to meet interesting people. I’d also like to say thank you to Marina for my Thai yoga massage, which was blissful. This is a special place, filled with warmth and love. It’s remote enough to be peaceful, and the perfect setting for yoga/meditation, but it also has easy access to Malaga, by bus, and the rest of the region by car. Highly recommended to all!
Gill Torres, August 2013
- Every one in life should experience this farmhouse and adorable couple whom host you during your visit. The land, the mountains, the sunsets, the vineyards and fruit trees will help anyone completely relax. Then if you are lucky, there will be guests from all around the world also staying there. The most magical evening was having dinner al fresco from Nacho’s amazing family recipes ( he is a chef and passionate about food) with the guest from all over, sharing stories and laughing through the evening. Our room was crisp and cool from the thick farmhouse walls, our bed was super comfortable, we could have slept and slept. Everything was very clean. A person can spend their time alone, reading, swimming, painting or whatever is enjoyed, however participating with the other guests makes it a special vacation. We had delicious coffee and toast with homemade fig jam from the trees, also excellent local wine and cocktails. Marina knows how to make a person feel at home, she also does massage therapy, reflexology, practices yoga…..the choices are endless to your desires. Marina and Nacho know the south of Spain very well and made terrific suggestions for dining, beaches, and more.
Michelle Rene, California
- Staying with Marina & Nacho was like a soft warm embrace. From the first time we made contact with them we felt an open, honest connection. The house was beautifully kept and soon felt like a second home. We were perfectly able to relax there, with them, and also by ourselves. Eva had a professional and loving reflexology massage from Marina: “sheer heaven!, a perfect way of relaxing even more…”. The meals they prepared us were diverse, fresh, healthy and made with lots of love and attention. We found Marina and Nacho’s open accommodating nature refreshing and they showed great flexibility when it came to all our wishes and needs.
David E, Holland
- The perfect retreat! The secluded track winds through ancient Olive groves and leads to a 400 year old warm cottage. It is home to Marina and Nacho…two of the best hosts we have encountered on our trip through Europe! This is the ideal retreat for the person who wants to truly relax and be at one with nature. There are plenty of walks with wild food everywhere and Nacho’s meals are highly recommended, as is Marina’s Thai yoga massage! Can’t recommend Marina and and Nacho’s place highly enough!
Belinda P, Australia
- A beautiful place! The house is very charming and authentic, and the surroundings, are quiet but wild, with the almond plantations in bloom, the big horizons, and the starry sky during the night. The view from the terrace is amazing and it was nice to sit by the pool, read and enjoy the sun. The room was very comfortable, spacious and cozy. Marina and Nacho were very helpful and made our stay amazing – they are an interesting, inspiring, fun, clever and life-affirming couple, the way they shared their space with us, truly made us feel like home. They are both very conscious and attentive people – We enjoyed Nacho’s delicious cooking and my boyfriend enjoyed Marina’s amazing Thai Yoga Massage. They have definitely both left a very special positive impression with us. We are recommending this place to all our friends and family, and we are hereby passing on the recommendation to all fellow travellers – This place is truly the definition of GOOD KARMA!
Christoffer & Sara, Denmark
- I stayed with Marina and Nacho for a few days for some mental and physical rest and recuperation after having completed a gruelling ultramarathon, and that’s exactly what I got! The house is a gorgeous 400 year old structure with plenty of character, and is secluded from the city noise yet still accessible to Malaga (only a 45 minute bus journey). The views of the surrounding mountains were astounding. There are plenty of surrounding trails for running/hiking. Nacho and Marina are such pure souls who will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Nacho is a super talented cook, picking fresh vegetables from the garden to prepare our meals. Marina is very sweet and helpful and they are just such a delight to be around. All in all I left feeling energised and refreshed both mentally and physically. Thanks guys! Big love.
Wadha, United Arab Emirates
- Marina and Nacho are a wonderful couple, so happy and open. They also commit so much of their time to ensure that you have a wonderful stay at their home and wonderful experience of the area. Nacho’s cooking is so yummy, he cooks fresh bread everyday and lots of other creations that you won’t be able to resist, just eat there everyday – it’s worth it. Marina will make sure you’ve got lots to do and all the information you need to explore or experience what you want in the area. I also had a wonderful massage with her and doing yoga with her was a delight. The house is equally memorable and feels like your home, as soon as you walk in. We highly recommend a visit and left feeling more like friends than guests.
Katie and Matthew, Australia
- Holiday of a lifetime!! We felt so sad to leave and have to say a huge thank you to Marina and Nacho for creating a memorable experience. The pool, the views, the food, the place are all so beautiful and amazing but we have to say that the highlight is Marina and Nacho. You are such special people that the energy you create in your home is one of restoration and love for all guests. We fell in love with Spain and made lifelong friends too. Love
Gina and Graham Lewis Watts, Canada
- We felt like we were in paradise- the nice landscape, the great hills, the amazing sunsets and the calmness. We enjoyed ourselves there mentality as well as physically. We enjoyed our holidays that much that even when we get the chance to come back we will do it. It seems to us not leaving hosts behind it is more that leaving part of our family. Marina and Nacho we are so glad that you were hosting us. It was a really great place to stay and we feel so lucky about choosing this wonderful place. Love, Dani and Christian, Austria. P.S.: Nacho thanks for your delicious meals and some tips and tricks for cooking new meals.